1 16 oz can refried beans (I cook my own beans, then puree them with a bit of salt in the food processor, much healthier)
8 oz shredded cheese (your preference)
Cilantro for Garnish
This is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. You can add a variety of vegetables to make it healthier. Also, it is easy to sub. low-fat cheese, because you won’t even notice the lack with all the other flavors going on.
11. Slice onion, jalapeño and green pepper. Sauté in oil in large saucepan over medium heat until softened but still slightly crisp, 5-7 minutes. Add corn and heat through. Season with ground cumin and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat.
22. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
33. Using 8×10″ pan, cut 3 tortillas to cover bottom of pan. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine salsa and refried beans. Spread beans over tortillas and top with half of the cheese.
44. Top with another layer of tortillas and green bean/onion mixture. Top with final layer of tortillas, and thinly sliced tomatoes. Cover with remaining cheese.
55. Bake, covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown.
A quick tip that will save you from dry baked goods.
This easy vegan lasagna is a boon to all those who abstain from dairy, but even cheese-lovers will enjoy this version of an Italian-American classic. Made hearty with fried and marinated eggplant slices, with a creamy filling of soft tofu flavored with parsley and lemon, there's plenty of savory tomato sauce gilding all the layers of noodles too. Read more.
Mixing dry ingredients can cause a dusty mess in the kitchen. But don't waste your money on a prefab splash guard. Instead, next time you're getting ready to bake, try this trick from Jenny Stewart of CHOW.com—it's the cleanest way to combine in the kitchen!
Easy Spinach Lasagna
What's not to love about layers of pasta, gooey cheese, and rich tomato sauce? Lasagna is simply delicious, and this spinach and ricotta version (with Parmesan and mozzarella too) is as easy to make as it is to eat. Read more.