Marinated Mango and Jicama Salad
One of my fondest street-food memories from growing up in Los Angeles is getting mango on a stick with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of chile powder. This salad pays homage to that sweet, salty treat, with jicama added for crunch and mint for some freshness. Serve this up for a snack, as part of a brunch spread, or even alongside some grilled fish for a change of pace.
Game plan: You can make this salad up to one day ahead without the mint leaves—just mix them in right before serving.
This recipe was featured as part of both our New Year’s Day Brunch and our Father’s Day Breakfast menus.
- 3 pounds mangoes (about 3 to 4 medium mangoes), medium dice
- 1/2 pound jicama (about 1 small jicama), small dice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl and let sit at least 15 minutes or overnight before serving.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved