Irish Lamb and Potato Skillet
- 1 lb. ground lamb or lean ground beef
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 TB chopped fresh dill weed or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups (3 medium) potatoes, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 cup small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1Cook lamb/beef, leek and garlic in 10″ skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned; drain.
2Stir remaining ingredients except tomatoes into meat mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
3Remove bay leaf. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Makes 4 servings.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved