Herbed Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds golf-ball-sized white or red new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon or dill leaves, or a combination
1Place the potatoes in a large pot filled with heavily salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until a paring knife can easily be inserted into the potatoes, about 12 to 14 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, shallot, vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon of the measured salt, and the measured pepper in a large, nonreactive bowl and set aside.
2When the potatoes are ready, drain them, transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, and spread into an even layer. Set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm, about 20 minutes. Slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds and place in the bowl with the dressing.
3Add the herbs and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and gently toss to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved