Herbed Pea Sprout, Fennel, and Mushroom Salad
Pea sprouts, with their delicate, sweet flavor, are the epitome of spring. Toss them with mushrooms, fennel, and herbs for a simple, elegant salad that’s perfect on its own or served with scallops in vodka sauce.
What to buy: Pea sprouts can be found at gourmet grocery stores and farmers’ markets. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find them year-round, but they peak in the springtime.
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered, cored, and sliced crosswise paper thin
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces pea sprouts
1Combine all ingredients except pea sprouts in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss together. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator until the mushrooms are slightly softened and have soaked up some of the vinaigrette, about 10 minutes.
2Add pea sprouts, toss thoroughly to coat, and serve immediately.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved