Green Onion Slaw
When vegetables bite back! Delicious onions make a perfect ingredient to a well-balanced, fresh and crunchy salad that goes perfectly with BBQ delights.
- One large white onion (taste to make sure it's not too strong), sliced to bite size
- 6 to 8 scallions, cleaned, sliced and chopped through the greens
- 3 medium celery stalks, sliced to edible sizes
- quarter cup of fresh, cleaned cilantro
- 2 large tablespoons of mayo
- 1 large tablespoon (or so) of Peppercorn spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon ... added with care ... Jalapeno oil
- one to two limes for juice - about 1 to 2 spoons of juice is usually good
- salt and pepper for taste
1Slice and chop regular and green onions, celery and cilantro. Then mix all main items in a bowl.
2Mix mayo and mustard and pour over veggies, adding a little more or each if needed to ensure all have a light covering.
3Mix in cilantro.
4Drizzle over jalapeno oil. (Be cautious to allow taste to settle before adapting amount.) MIX WELL so all of the slaw gets a touch.
5Mix and salt/pepper to your habit.
6Allow to settle and get yummy for about 1 hour for best results. Good cold or at outdoor temperature!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved