The Great Beer Battered Shrimp and Dip Duet
The citrus note of the beer and the orange zest give a new zing to fried shrimp
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups Blue Moon Belgian White
- 2 pounds shelled and deveined raw shrimp
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Greek style plain yogurt
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1Combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of the orange zest and pepper.
Thoroughly beat egg, and blend in 1 ½ cup Blue Moon Belgian White.
Sprinkle flour mixt over beer mixture and beat just until flour is moistened (there will still be small lumps) Do not over-mix.
1Wash and pat dry shrimp. Dip shrimp into batter.
Fry a few shrimp at a time in hot (375 degree) oil for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden. Drain.
1Whisk together remaining teaspoon of orange zest, remaining ¼ cup of Blue Moon Belgian White, yogurt, catsup, mustard, orange juice and horseradish.
1Serve fried shrimp with dip.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved