Ginger Bloody Mary
Here’s a head-clearing daytime cocktail with a double dose of ginger. First, make our Ginger-Infused Vodka (it needs to infuse at least overnight, preferably longer, so plan accordingly). Then slip a couple of ounces of it in a cocktail shaker, along with tomato juice, fresh horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lime juice, the usual battery of Bloody Mary spices, and—and here’s what makes this Bloody really remarkable—another hit of ginger, in the form of freshly grated root. Shake, pour over ice, and await the blast.
For more, check out our Basic Bloody Mary Mix, Extra-Spicy Bloody Maria, and Bloody Bull.
- 2 ounces Ginger-Infused Vodka (recipe link in intro)
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Generous squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Pinch of celery seeds
- Lime wedge, for garnishing
1Combine all ingredients except the lime wedge in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to combine well.
2Strain over fresh ice in a highball glass. Garnish with the lime wedge and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved