Fusilli with Clams and Jalepeno
Great old family recipe of ours. Don’t be put off by the jalepeno’s, have passed along to many freinds over the years and always get great feedback.
- 1 pound fresh plum tomatoes (blanched, skins removed and chopped)
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 dozen little neck clams
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped parsley
- the juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
11) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add tomatoes and blanch until the skins split open.
2) Remove the tomatoes from the water, let cool and remove skins and chop the tomatoes.
3) Pour olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped garlic and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add chopped tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes
5) Add Fusilli to the same water that you cooked the tomatoes in and cook till al dente.
6) Add the clams to the tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic and cover until clams open.
7) Drain the pasta and toss with the tomatoes and clams, parsley and lemon juice.
8) Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved