Fettuccini with cherry tomato, basil and goats cheese
I love this recipe, it’s so soft and delicate with the tart fresh goats cheese to lift it up.
- 250g fettuccini, fresh or dried
- About 15 perfectly ripe medium sized cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 -3/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 big handful basil leaves, torn
- 150 g fresh soft goats cheese, in slices (it's too soft to slice properly, just vaguely is fine)
- salt and pepper and 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onion, garlic and tomatoes and fry until sizzles, then reduce heat to low and cover. Leave to fry very gently.
2The tomatoes need to cook for around 20 minutes, so time your pasta cooking here, depending on whether you’ve got fresh or dried pasta. Cook until al dente in boiling salted water, then drain.
3Remove lid from tomatoes, stir and check there’s enough oil for the pasta. Add the basil, stir, then add the pasta to the pan, and stir well.
4Add most of the goats cheese, leaving some to put on top at the end, and stir gently through so that the pieces of cheese melt and soften but ans start to disperse, but stay in clumps. Serve the remaining cheese on top, and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved