Fennel and Walnut Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- 2 small heads fennel, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, also known as sultanas
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 medium orange (about 1/3 cup)
- Zest of 1 medium orange (about 2 teaspoons)
1Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
2Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, cranberries are beginning to fall apart, and fennel is tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, and serve at room temperature or cold.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved