Fast and Furious Corn Chowder
Super fast and warm, hearty corn chowder
- 1 can of cream corn
- 1 cup of Milk (for a lower fat version use non fat milk)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of frozen vegetables
- 1 cup of leftover meat (chicken is preferred)
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- In a sauce pan, combine garlic, olive oil and saute for a few minutes
- After garlic has cooked for a few minutes, add frozen veggies and leftover meat
- Once frozen veggies and meat have cooked for a few minutes, add cream corn, milk and chicken broth
- Let the mixture come to a boil and then simmer for about 7 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. If mixture becomes too thick, add water or extra chicken broth to thin out.
- You can also add sweet potatoes or gold yukon potatoes.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved