Eggs baked in a ramekin are an ideal vehicle for so many ingredients. Here we take an Irish slant with assertive cheddar and delicately flavored Irish-style bangers.
What to buy: Irish-style bangers can be ordered at many butchers or found online. If you can’t find Irish-style, British-style bangers will do, or use any sausage of your choice.
This recipe was featured as part of our Irish Breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for coating the ramekins
- 1/2 pound Irish-style banger sausages
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, shredded Irish cheddar cheese (about 1 ounce)