CHOW Test Kitchen
This standard French vinaigrette is a simple combination of chopped shallots, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. Toss it with steamed green beans or cauliflower, drizzle it over poached fish or chicken, or dress up an earthy lentil salad with this easy dressing.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a medium, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. While whisking continuously, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until it’s fully incorporated. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 4 days.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved