Deep Fried Soft Tofu in Soy Sauce
This recipe is adapted from Samui Institute of Culinary Arts in Thailand, Koh Samui island
- 1 pkg soft tofu
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup each diced red and green peppers
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 2 black mushrooms soaked and diced
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup spring onions, sliced 1"
- 1 tsp deep fried garlic for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi seasoning sauce (Or Thai golden mountain brand)
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp soy bean oil for frying
- 1/2 cup soy bean oil for deep frying
- ground black pepper to taste
1Cut the soft tofu thickly into pieces about 1 inch long. Season with a little salt and pepper and coat with crispy flour. Fry until golden brown. Place on a serving plate.
2Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan
3Add the garlic, onion, red and green pepper, baby corn, mushroom, green peas and stock and stir for about 20 seconds.
4Add the soy sauce (or fish sauce), seasoning sauce, sugar, black pepper and stir briefly. Add the cornstarch and spring onion and stir briefly again. Pour the mixture on top of the soft tofu
5Garnish with coriander leaves and deep fried dried garlic.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved