Best Cranberry Sauce Ever
This never fails to be “the best cranberry sauce I’ve ever tasted”. Don’t trust me, just try it!
- 1 large Navel Orange zested and cut in 1" chunks (including peel)
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 lb. bag fresh cranberry
- Approx. 3/4 bottle of Burgundy
- Sugar to taste (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Tbl.. Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz. cognac
- 1 16 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbl. cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold water (slurry)
1Sautee orange with zest cut into 1" chunks (including peel) in butter for 2 minutes,
2add fresh cranberry and cover with burgundy wine,
3add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring til cranberries are about 1/2 liquid,
4add all other ingredients except slurry and cook til desired consistency.
5Add additional sugar or cognac to taste.
6Add cornstarch to thicken if needed.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved