Adapted from Francine Maroukian
Cranberries aren’t just for Thanksgiving. This conserve can be enjoyed any time of year.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (from about 1 medium orange)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and medium dice (about 3 cups)
1Place the walnuts, orange juice, and zest in large heatproof bowl; set aside.
2Place the cranberries, jelly, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the apples and continue to simmer until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes.
3Pour the hot cranberry mixture over the walnut mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved