Classic Pesto Pasta Salad
The classic summertime pasta salad, with pesto, sweet cherry tomatoes, cooling fresh mozzarella, and Parmesan. To keep everything fresh and bright, make this right before serving. Enjoy as a refreshing relief during the heat of the summer with our homemade lemonade recipe.
Game plan: Make a batch of Easy Basil Pesto before you begin.
- 1 pound small pasta shapes, such as cavatelli, conchiglie, or penne
- 1 heaping cup basil pesto
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 1 1/2 dry pints)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella bocconcini, cut into bite-sized pieces if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain and rinse well under cold water; drain again and transfer to a large serving bowl.
2Add the tomatoes and pesto to the pasta and stir and toss to combine. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water to thin the pesto to evenly coat the pasta. Add the bocconcini and olive oil and toss to combine. Garnish with the basil and Parmesan and serve right away.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved