Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
All the elements of the classic French dish are revisited in this oh-so iconic of American meals. Skip the ketchup and mustard: All you need is a thick slather of Dijon and mayo to finish it off.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken thigh meat
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices thinly sliced Black Forest ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 kaiser or French-style hamburger buns or ciabatta sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
1Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (400°F) or heat a grill pan over a medium heat until hot. Mix mustard and mayonnaise and set aside. Combine chicken, shallot, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties. Rub burgers with oil. Press a deep dimple into the center of each burger (this will help it stay flat while it cooks).
2Grill burgers, turning once halfway through, until cooked all the way, about 10 minutes total. In last 3 minutes, top each burger with two slices of ham and a slice of cheese. Cover, and let cook remaining time until cheese is melted.
3Assemble burgers, spreading top bun with some of the reserved mustard mixture and a few arugula leaves.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved