Chèvre Deviled Eggs with Asparagus
Adapted from Mitch Prensky
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper (now closed) in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with goat cheese and chives, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with asparagus, for a springtime riff on deviled eggs.
To see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes, check out this story.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blanched asparagus tips, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
1Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
2Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, goat cheese, lemon juice, and chives in a medium, nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with thinly sliced, blanched asparagus tips.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved