Blue Moon Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
This is a recipe that I have thrown together multiple times in my beloved slow cooker. This recipe is fairly economical in that it only requires a cheap cut of pork.
- 2-3 lbs. Boston butt roast (or any other cheap cut of pork)
- 2 Blue Moon beers
- 1 red onion, cut into half rings
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1-3 canned chipotle peppers (to taste), finely diced
- 2-3 jalapenos (to taste), with or without seeds
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh cilantro or cilantro cooking base
- 1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes (with green chilies or plain)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, etc.
1Place onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cut the pork into quarters and season with the cumin. Place the seasoned pork on top of the onions in the slow cooker.
2Pour the beer and diced tomatoes over the pork. Add the cilantro, chipotle peppers and jalapenos to the slow cooker as well. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your own preference.
3Cook pork and other ingredients in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours (preferably on low). When done, shred the pork with two forks and serve in tortillas with toppings. Enjoy a Blue Moon with it as well!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved