After the binge quick and dirty onion soup
This is done when I want soup, quick and don’t want a canned anything
- 1/2 onions
- butter, cooking oil, olive oil - just enough to brown the onions
- any kind of soup stock with salt to taste, or bullion cube of any variety - beef is best, but chicken or vegetable will work.
- garlic, clove, powdered, whatever you have - 1tbl spoon
- black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Celery with leaf, carrots, peppers anything left in the fridge - chopped - 1/2 to 1 cup
- any wine you have leftover from last nights binge - up to a cup
1heat the cooking oil and slice the onion into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. If you have fresh garlic add that minced now–cook in a soup pan until just translucent. Add wine.
2Add bullion or stock and salt to taste, add water to make one quart of soup. Bring to a boil.
3Add Veggies and simmer 5 minutes–serve–makes 4 bowls of not from the can pretty rich and hearty soup.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved