Big-Time Barbecue Rub
Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook
This is a basic barbecue rub that works on any food for smoking or grilling. Granulated garlic and onion are coarser than powder; you can substitute garlic and onion powder.
See also our BBQ sauce recipe.
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
1Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store any unused rub in an airtight container.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved