Easy Shrimp Scampi
CHOW Food Team
The perfect shrimp scampi recipe calls for a simple mix of garlic, shrimp, butter and wine. It’s a delicious 15-minute recipe that can be served over pasta or as a first course with crusty bread and a Caesar Salad.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp with tails on (thawed, if frozen)
- Pasta, crusty bread, or rice, for serving (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
1Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2Add the wine or vermouth and cook until the alcohol smell has cooked off, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3Serve over pasta, crusty bread, or rice, if desired, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved