Bacon and Egg Pizza
Pizzas topped with bacon, eggs, and goat cheese—perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Next time you cook bacon for breakfast, set aside a few pieces (if you can control the urge to eat them).
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing the dough
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (e.g., thyme, oregano, sage—alone or in combination)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) crumbled chèvre (fresh goat cheese)
- 2 large eggs
1Preheat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2Divide the pizza dough into 2 balls and roll them out to 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to 2 baking sheets and brush with extra-virgin olive oil.
3Mix the measured olive oil with the 2 tablespoons tomato paste and evenly divide the mixture to cover the base of both pizzas. Evenly distribute the herbs and a sprinkle of salt over top.
4Lay down 4 strips of bacon per pie, and then the sliced onion and crumbled cheese. Crack an egg over the top of each pizza.
5Bake the first pizza until the underside of the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately brush the edge of the crust with a little more olive oil (this gives it a nice sheen). Repeat with the second pizza.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved