I've searched the board, honest I have, but I'm not really finding what I need. I committed to prepare a couple of trays of hors d'oeuvres to bring to a cocktail hour held at a location 30 mins. from home where there is no refrigerator or oven. So many great sounding recipes here need heating just before serving, and that won't work. They need to fill these requirements:
1. Tasty at room temp--i.e., for 90 mins. from leaving the fridge or oven.
2. Can survive sitting around for an hour without sogginess issues.
3. Finger food that can just be picked up from a tray, not messy, preferably edible in just a bite or two for each piece--there will be plates, but no utensils.
4. At least some need to be hearty, protein heavy, because people will be eating these at 7 pm without having eaten since lunch, and they probably won't get any dinner till 9.
5. Nothing that smells too pungent--the event is in a school library, and we can't leave lingering odors for the next school day--so definitely no hard boiled egg recipes.
Someone else is doing the cheese and crackers thing. I thought of shrimp salad on endive leaves and cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese mixed with caviar. Cheese straws? I think I need something more unexpected. I await your thoughts.
Updated 2 months ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 6
Updated 2 months ago | 7