First off, I had a voucher that gave two of us a 3 course brunch for $30. Regular price is $54 for two and it would have been worth it at that price! I like the ambiance of the restaurant - high, high ceilings. It was very comfortable and they had the blinds right so that sun wasn't shining in and blinding you.
Service was excellent. Our waiter paced the brunch perfectly and knew the menu well. He made several suggestions and answered any questions knowledgeably. Food was cooked properly and was presented nicely. I ordered three Kushi oysters as an extra and they were $1.75 each. If I had chose them as my first course I would have got six. My Nicoise salad was slightly under dressed but the grilled haricot vert were delicious! Double Caesar with prawn was $10 and was very good with fresh horseradish in it.
I found this brunch to have great value and I will return! None of the food was mind blowing but it was perfectly satisfactory. The experience as a whole was worthwhile. The bar is attractive too. Here are the photos:
1. Amuse of mini donuts with raspberry-orange dipping sauce and they will bring you more if you want more (as good as the PNE ones)
2. Waffles with Dark Chocolate & Orange
3. Kushi oysters served with a soy vinaigrette & horseradish
4. Crab Fritters with Cilantro, Ginger & Spicy Aioli
5. Westcoast Benedict - Dungeness Crab Cake, Wilted Spinach, Hollandaise
6. Tuna Nicoise - Seared Ahi Tuna, Miso Dressing, Six Minute Egg, Green Beans, Black Olives & Dried Tomato
7. Americano with Biscotti - $5
8. Parfait w/Vanilla & ?, - Chocolate tart with hazelnuts and caramel, - Creme Brulee with Tahitian Vanilla, Pineapple Compote
9. Espresso Caramel, Pot De Crème, - Chocolate tart with hazelnuts and caramel, - Fruit Consommé, Mango Ravioli
YEW restaurant + bar
791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4, CA