FInally found it and had a minute to sit down at the computer!
Brown Butter Madelines
Developed by Pastry Chef David Shuminsky
AP Flour 2oz
Cake Flour 2oz
Almond Flour 2oz
Browned butter 4.5oz
Vanilla Paste 1tsp
1) Brown the butter in a non-stick pan, cool
2) In a mixer, whip the sugar, eggs & salt to the ribbon stage
3) Sift the flours together, fold it in
4) Fold in Brown butter (with the browned dairy solids) & vanilla paste
5) Use a pastry bag to fill silicone molds (or buttered & floured metal molds)
6) Bake at 350 convection (375 conventional) for about 8 minutes or until golden brown
I used this recipe to make mini madelines, but I've never seen the mold anywhere else than my old pastry shop- it makes 50-60 minis, so maybe 2dozen "normal sized" ones.
BTW- Julesrules said this recipe might be for "financiers"- might be- I've never heard of 'em!
I like this recipe because it isn't citrus-y: I know that's why many peole like them in the first place, but this recipe is almost savory with the almond and the browned butter