Im cooking for a private wine party where the host is having someone come from a wine store to do a presentation. Im paring food for 8 wines for 22 people and would love some ideas. Starting with a champange moving to a cali chardonnay then getting into reds, such as burgundy etc big fruit forward blackberry, cherry etc. Then finish with a vin-santo? Plan to have different "stations" with 1-2 dishes at each maybe. I am not sending out 1 course with one wine, its going to be a fun laid back wine party with some great food. We are going to set up food in an area and let people come and pick. A cheese board(start or end?) Things like that. Thanks yall!
here are the wines
1. Deutz "Brut Classic" Champagne NV, France
2. Luca Chardonnay 2005, Mendoza, Argentina
3. Capitain Gagnerot Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Les Moutottes" 2005, France
4. Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano "Riserva Grandi Annate"
5. Vinas del Cenit 2004, Zamora, Spain
6. Rosenblum "Rockpile Road Vineyard" Zinfandel 2005, Dry Creek Valley,
7. Torbreck "The Struie" Shiraz 2005, Barossa Valley, Australia
8. Felsina Vin Santo Chianti Classico 1998, Italy