Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh of Sweet: Desserts from London's Ottolenghi | Ask Your Questions Now ›


Wine Key-Is there another name?


Wine 13

Wine Key-Is there another name?

VTtoMAtoCAfoodie | Dec 13, 2008 02:55 PM

My husband is in the wine industry and he wants a really nice "wine key" for Christmas. I've looked on,, etc.. and have not been able to find one. Is there another name for this thing? What I'm talking about is something like a corkscrew except it was two bars that jut out of the bottom of it and kind of "hug" the cork while you take it out of the bottle instead of piercing it like a corkscrew does. He already has one that is very simple, so I'm looking for something kind of fancy. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound