I have these mushrooms that I don’t want to cook yet, and I’m hoping they can hang out for a while. I learned somewhere- maybe from mom or imagination- that if I wash them in water with some vinegar, they’ll stay good for longer. Is this a fantasy? Is there any benefit to washing mushrooms or other vegetables in vinegar to keep them not going moldy for longer?
Also wondering, I saw some recommendations on line saying it’s better to store mushrooms in a paper bag. Is that really better than maybe being dried in the air and stored dry and open, not in a closed container? So that they stay good for longer.
Ah, the perils of a small or light eating household! i appreciate any thoughts :-)
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...