I will be in Toronto visiting friends for four days in two weeks. I would love some input on the following five topics.
1. Cheese Curds - When I was young, my grandmother brought cheese curds back from every fishing trip she took to Canada. I found some curds last time I was in town but they were "cheddary" and the opposite of squeaky. Please tell me where I can find some good curds to bring back to New York.
2. St. Lawrence Market - I will visit the St. Lawrence Market. I will eat a sandwich containing peameal bacon. Is this a good spot to buy cheese curds? Is there a better place to buy them? What else at the market is mandatory?
3. Poutine - I had poutine last time I was in town. I will not admit where I bought the poutine. It appears that a good place to get poutine is the blue chip truck. Yes? No? (curds mandatory)
4. What the? - What is sushi pizza?
5. Other - I live with a Canadian and have an regular supply of "strangely" flavored potato chips and exotic Canadian candies. Is there anything I haven't mentioned that I must have during my short stay?
Thanks so much.
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 hours ago | 47
Updated 4 days ago | 39
Updated 6 hours ago | 40
Updated 11 hours ago | 18