This is my absolutely first visit to SF and the recommendations here are overwhelming! I've never been to the US before but traveled and ate more widely in EU and Asia. Please if somebody be so kind enough help me get started...I also work in the food industry and always look for inspiration for good rustic, honest food.
We will be in SF 24/25/26th March, likely to stay around SOMA and I'm looking for must-eats
- Need 2-3 great brunch places, or cafe with excellent coffee (won't be wasting time with hotel breakfast)
- Quick lunch grubs where local office workers eat (inspiration for my work)
- All open for dinner suggestions (3 places) except fine dining as budget won't allow. We like buzzing informal/casual dining places. What's happening in town kind of feel. We're coming from BKK so avoiding Thai/Vietnamese food unless it's super inspiring.
- A must-visit food market, with lots of artisanal producers.
- Any desserts/pastry/bakery I shouldn't miss?
- Napa Valley - when I did road trips in Europe we like to find places that serve food outdoor/on the mountain/in the garden/ more in a natural setting and enjoy good food & wines. Not sure if I can find similar setting in Napa Valley? or anywhere else in SF
- If we're looking for a more social dinners like dinner clubs/chef tables/ is there such thing?
Thank you in advance for every suggestions :)