Hi folks. I've read a ton of great posts suggesting restaurants in Venice, but I still can't quite seem to narrow down the choices! Here are the parameters, any suggestions most appreciated:
- Wednesday night in June (arriving that morning, first time)
- nice place for 8th wedding anniversary, but not crazy expensive (i.e., preferably under 150-200 EUR for 2; we're used to NYC prices, but some places in Venice seem just outrageous.)
- good food, but doesn't have to be too gourmet/innovative; we tend to like really good basics, love pasta, and are not all that adventurous in terms of exotic ingredients (organ meats, etc.)
- I'm allergic to shellfish -- ugh. Seems like a bit of a problem in Venice. I can eat regular fish, meat (love beef, pork, chicken), all veg stuff.
- staying near San Marco (Hotel San Gallo), so walkable distance or at least easily accessible by boat would be great.
And last but not least, the biggest problem:
- we would absolutely love to sit canal-side, or have an otherwise awesome view of some kind. Perhaps that kind of view/ambiance is even more important than top, top food for us -- just good food is fine. But I'm not sure if that's possible at a reasonable price.
Many thanks in advance. And if anyone could throw in another favorite choice without the view requirement and more like 100 EUR limit for the following night, same shellfish issue, etc., that would be extra great. Thanks!