Discover how Brooklyn Chef Patrick Connolly and his family find adventure with food | Watch the 3rd episode ›

Home Cooking


"Velveting" chicken.


Home Cooking 7

"Velveting" chicken.

Robin Joy | May 24, 2008 10:28 PM

I remember this as a pre-cooking technique prior to stir-frying which produces a particular texture to chicken (and other meats?) and I know it involves cornflour but I've forgotten the details. Can anyone help please?

"Cornflour" is the name here in the UK of the thickening agent used mixed with cold liquid. Is it "cornstarch" in the US?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound