This is a well-discussed subject, I know, but I am stumped. Looking for new recos. I'm having dinner with a friend who is veggie tonight, and I want something that meets the following criteria:
- $15 pp (not including drinks)
- EVillage, LES, Chinatown, Soho
- Fish choices don't qualify as "veggie option"
- Vegan/macrobiotic not necessary
- Ethnic cuisine a plus.
I would love recommendations for:
- best of the bunch for Indian
- A good deal on Japanese (superior quality of fish NOT a requirement -- price and selection of non-sushi vegetarian items more important)
- Italian/New American places with lots of veggie-friendly choices
- No panini
- Not Zen Palate or Angelika Kitchen (been there)
>> Most important -- LOTS of choices. This person doesn't like having only one or two things to choose from (no matter how delicious those one or two things are).