Our default has been Vege Paradise, and we love it (whether dining in or doing take out). Had an interesting meal at Bean Sprouts a month or two ago - loved some of the items, others not-so-much (it was also late in the evening and they seemed to be out of some things [or the server was steering us away from certain items - there was a bit of a language gap, but that's okay, as there were many smiles from both sides]).
We're ready to branch out, but need some guidance:
* Are the vegetarian offerings at Din Tai Fung very good? Anything you'd particularly recommend?
And for specifically vegetarian restaurants, looking for menu recommendations / avoids for:
* Fine Garden Vegetarian Restaurant in San Gabriel (http://www.finegardenvegetarian.com/)
* Bodhi Veggie Cuisine in Rosemead (http://www.bodhiveggiecuisine.com/)
* Happy Family in Monterey Park
* New Happy Family Restaurant in Rosemead (is this related to the one in Monterey Park?)
And (as long as I'm asking questions), is there a restaurant you'd recommend for a birthday celebration (eight to ten people), where the person celebrating is vegetarian and a large number of the guests are vegan? Would prefer to select the dishes rather than going with a set banquet.
Any other places you'd suggest?