Just echoing past 'hound recommendations for this place. Nestled in a very interesting little strip mall which also includes Vietnamese, Chinese-Thai, Peruvian, Italian, and BBQ restaurants, you can get:
- Melt in your mouth, fresh tuna
- Super fresh, cool, sweet and nutty uni
- Perfectly pickled, lightly crunchy ginger
- Crunchy, salty little masago. You really do notice how fresh it is.
- Excellent execution of rolls - spider, crunchy, and CA (lots and lots of creamy, yummy crab)
Not to mention the charming sushi nazi waitress AND Captain Cream across the parking lot, if that kind of thing floats your sushi boat.
Did I mention the hookah lounge?
Really must investigate this little corner of Lake Forest more thoroughly.
Uoko Japanese Cuisine
23600 Rockfield Blvd
Lake Forest 92630-1624