Hi All - MSP Chowhounder is back.
Last year around this time, I was begging for recommendations for my business trip/vacation in Midtown. I got some great help, but I'm headed back at the end of this month and need some more assistance. I'm looking for some recommendations for great places to dine. Requirements as follows:
1) We're staying in midtown Manhattan - near Radio City Music Hall - good recs nearby would be awesome.
2) The front end of my trip will be business and the work colleague I'll be dining with the most is a vegetarian. I am a carnivore of epic proportions. So we really need a place where he will be happy and I will be happy. Most important for this is a place for dinner on Saturday night (1/28). Yeah, I know... dropped the ball... AGAIN.
3) Sunday (1/29) the plan is to go to a show (TKTS booth so time of show is hard to say) and dinner, but I'm thinking dinner will need to be early. So where could we go for a nice dinner - not too spendy, since it's on the company's dime - but have it early enough to get to the show with time to spare. I'm thinking like... 5pm reservations. Would also prefer it not be some place requiring formal attire.
4) When my husband arrives at the end of the week, we'll be willing to travel for good food, so if it's worth our while we'll take the subway or taxi somewhere. Additional locations near Radio City also appreciated though.
5) Would like recommendations for breakfast. We LOVE a good breakfast. Preferably very close to Radio City.
6) Lunch/Dinner recommendations should not require formal wear (hubby's not bringing a suit/jacket with him). We love fine dining, but prefer locations that are ok with nice jeans/chinos. No ties/dresses/etc.
7) Would love recommendations for street food. Hubby found a truck across the street from the Hilton New York that had a line a block long... more things like that would be awesome.
8) If reservations are required, we'd need places that can take relatively last minute reservations (obviously).
9) We love all types of food, French, Italian, Chinese, New American, Seafood... we're game for most anything.
Thanks in advance for your help!