General Discussion


Is this some new type of cheesecake?


Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
General Discussion 6

Is this some new type of cheesecake?

john333 | Feb 27, 2011 05:14 AM

I went out for dinner the Friday before last and for dessert I had the "cheesecake". It consisted of:
a bottom layer of regular "cake" cake about an inch thick (that is, not a graham cracker crust); in the middle a thin 1/2 inch dense layer of the "usual" cheesecake filling; and on top of that a kind of mousse topping (strawberry or something).

So the "real" cheesecake was just a thin layer embedded inside the whole structure. I feel like I got ripped off.

Anyone else seen cheesecake like this?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound