From the University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program ---
" . . . What can you do if you see a wild turkey in your neighborhood?
• Do not feed the turkeys. Many people don't know this, but it is actually illegal in California to feed wildlife according to this section of the California Code of Regulations.
• Remove bird feeders that might be attracting them.
• Install motion-detecting sprinklers to deter turkeys from foraging in your yard.
• Open an umbrella or wave a walking stick in front of you if confronted by an aggressive or persistent wild turkey.
• Proceed slowly when driving if you encounter a wild turkey in the roadway. . ."
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Amy Schulman | Over the past month, life as we know it has been irrevocably altered. The new normal, as we’ve been...
by Chowhound Editors | Ground beef is one of the supporting pillars of mainstream food worldwide. It’s cheap, readily available...