From the University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program ---
" . . . What can you do if you see a wild turkey in your neighborhood?
• Do not feed the turkeys. Many people don't know this, but it is actually illegal in California to feed wildlife according to this section of the California Code of Regulations.
• Remove bird feeders that might be attracting them.
• Install motion-detecting sprinklers to deter turkeys from foraging in your yard.
• Open an umbrella or wave a walking stick in front of you if confronted by an aggressive or persistent wild turkey.
• Proceed slowly when driving if you encounter a wild turkey in the roadway. . ."
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Amy Schulman | Valentine’s Day is replete with plenty of bouquets of roses and heart-shaped boxes filled with truffles...
by Megan Meadows | The noms are in. The snubs have happened. Love it or hate it, it’s time to start planning what to...