4 PlacesExpand Map
Thanks to all you Hounds for some great recommendations in Nags Head NC for our 5 night stay. You did not steer us wrong!
1) For take-out or eat-in sandwiches/salads the Country Deli in Nags Head. Super clean; pleasant, efficient staff, fast service. Sooooo many choices. I had the Mediterranean with eggplant, roasted red peppers, olives, pesto, tomatoes, mozarella on a heated, whole-wheat bun. My husband build his own sub and the sub roll was fabulous. countrydeliobx.com
2) Blue Moon Beach Grill: such a great vibe!!
Everything we ordered was amazing. The wait staff took special care with our drinks (hand-grated nutmeg). Strategy: arrive early and have a drink at the bar while waiting. Be flexible. bluemoonbeachgrill.com. I struck up a conversation with two separate groups of diners where we are at the bar. Both were recommended to the grill through word-of-mouth.
3) Kill Devil Grill: amazing, upscale casual for dinner with great wines/beers/cocktails. Be prepared to wait. Be flexible. Very friendly bar staff and crazy-delicious food/specials. thekilldevilgrill.com
4) Food Dude’s Kitchen: lunch. Very casual. Pretty good with burgers, salads, chicken on menu. Pretty small space w/outside and a few tables inside + bar. fooddudeskitchen.com
5) Greentails (fish market + daily lunch specials). Very fresh raw seafood + limited lunch specials for eat-in or take out. Lunch is 12-4 and we got there 3:45: everything was gone re lunch. Very rustic, very fresh. greentailsobx.com
Thanks, guys, for some great dining experiences from the inside scoop.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Gretchen Lidicker | If you want make the best smoothie of all time, take these easy tips and tricks to heart. Too sweet...
by David Klein | A grilled hamburger is always great, but you don't need to take it outside for perfect results. Learn...