I recently relocated from Philadelphia and am particularly interested in getting opinions about what are considered benchmarks for the following cuisines (price is not a consideration). I included general opinions on places I've tried myself or from referrals:
1) Sushi - tried Kyo-ya last week and thought it was good but not spectacular.
2) Thai - better quality that Philly in general but still far from truly good Thai. Restaurants seems to always add either bamboo shoots or red bell peppers...
3) Dim Sum - Tried HKFL and Seafood Harbor a week apart I prefer the latter.
4) Kaiseki - Kyo-ya, Kyagetsu or others?
5) Chinese Seafood - Where's a good place to try those huge aussie lobsters, santa barbara shrimp, anything I should look out for?
6) Pho - haven't tried any yet
7) Ritz or French Laundry first?
That's all for now, I am really looking forward to the feedback and thanks in advance.
Updated 3 months ago | 3
Updated 10 months ago | 10
Updated 9 months ago | 6
Updated 15 minutes ago | 34
Updated 20 days ago | 35