I'm coming for a very short and very impromptu visit. I'm hoping to catch a couple of good bites while I'm here, although I'm only here from very very late on Thursday (flight gets in at 11PM) and I leave on Sunday afternoon, and I need to work remotely on Friday. I'm hoping for something that locals love and different from the Toronto scene. From what I have been reading, Mexican is definitely on the list, and Food Trucks!
1. I am staying around Ash and 10th
2. On Friday, I need to work somewhere with reliable wifi and not a library or anywhere else that I need to be quiet, as I have to make calls - a cafe would be good. Alternatively, I think I have a place to work around Friars Mission Center - not sure yet - so a lunch rec/late breakfast around there would be nice.
3. I'd like to wander wander wander...any favourite places for just random walking around and noshing? Old Town?
4. We have a car
So I'm thinking:
- my friend wants to try a place called Phil's BBQ as it is an "institution"
- I'll be closer to the ocean - so I'm thinking that seafood will be better. THEREFORE...I should try fish tacos/burritos! Mexican + seafood in one go
- Fishery for fish tacos or Mariscos German (.gobernator tacos, fish, marlyn tacos?)
- Seafood: Oceanaire for oysters or Fish Market Downtown?
- Noble Experiment for a cocktail
- Azafran Cuban Food
- Super Cocina
- Go to La Jolla Cove and see the seals
- Any ideas for really old school Mexican? Or San Diego-an? I heard something about bacon lollies...hahahaha. Made me smile.
And, my goodness, this taco map is genius: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&...
as a fellow google mapper, big ups to you!
Thursday night: Get in from the airport too late for anything to be open
Friday night: Dinner or Food truck fun then head to Noble experiment for cocktails
Sat: Go to ocean and grab some Mexican or Food truck fun
Sunday: If I can wake up early...a good breakfast would be loved
3627 University Ave., San Diego, CA 92104
San DIego, CA, San DIego, CA
3750 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110
2802 Ocean View Blvd, San Diego, CA