I'd love to hear your suggestions on where to take my in-laws for their 40th anniversary dinner.
A few points to consider:
* there will be 5 of us - it's somewhat of a surprise dinner
* preferably downtown Toronto
* we would like somewhere worthy of a special occasion, intimate but definitely not stuffy
* the food needs to satisfy both the in-laws' tastes (traditional, conservative) but be good enough for my chef brother-in-law's (if the food is bad, we'll never hear the end of it! LOL!)
* money is not necessarily an object - but if we're forking out, we want a good meal. It drives me crazy to pay top dollar for average food and average service ( this happened recently at Bymark - grrrr )
That's not asking alot, is it?! ;-)
If it were up to me, I would go to Susur in a heartbeat - but the rest of the family don't think my father-in-law would "get" the whole tasting menu. Other restaurants we were thinking of were Avalon, Splendido, Auberge du Pommier....but since we haven't been to any of these, I need some help.