Kosher 6

Is top-of-the-rib roast the same as rib cap?

helou | Mar 9, 2014 02:17 PM

All the butchers I've ever gone to sell a cut of meat called top of the rib. I've bought it a few times here and there, and it wasn't memorable. I probably tried roasting it and dried it our since no one in my crowd likes rare meat.

Lately I've read about a cut called rib cap. It's that piece of meat that's on the outer edge of a rib steak, but kept whole and not cut into steaks. I haven't seen it at the butcher. Is it the same as top of the rib, which is commonly available?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound