Just out of curiosity, what would everyone choose as their top five L.A. Thai restaurants? I haven't been to Renu Nakorn -- but here are five that I love:
1. Yai -- awesome Isaan style food in a Hollywood Blvd minimall. The hot and sour beef sald is the best in L.A., and they make a mean jungle curry.
2. Jitlada -- yummy food with decor that doesn't scare skittish out-of-towners.
3. Boon Choo -- when you're trapped in the SFV and can't get to Thai town, they make a beef salad that almost rivals Yai's.
4. Sanamluang Cafe -- noodles, noodles, noodles!
5. Palm -- another super-yummy outpost on the Hollywood Blvd. Thai strip.
Of course, none of these beat the meals we had at Lotus of Siam....and I'm still mourning the fact that Alisa in Koreatown stopped serving Northern Thai food!
What does everyone else recommend?