Hi everyone -
Have 2 friends coming in from Wales in August. It's their first time in the Bay Area for both of them - for one, her first time ever in California!
Been trying to think of places to take them while they're here and honestly, it's pretty difficult. I have places that I love, and I've been asking for suggestions with friends, AS WELL as scoping past Chowhound postings (like the one posted by NYC girl mchien623)... and it just succeeded in making me more at a loss. And so I extend my cry for help to you, fellow Chowhounders:
In your opinion, what would be the TOP 10 places in SF to take California newbies from out of the country for LUNCH or DINNER? Here are my requests:
1) All of us are on a budget, and so we want mostly places that are $20/person or less (not counting booze and tips)
2) One of the top 10 could be an all-out splurge restaurant - but just one. :)
3) All cuisines are welcome, especially those that represent what SF does fabulously!
4) Prefer places near the "touristy" areas, i.e. we won't be hanging out much in the Sunset/Richmond areas (unfortunately.)
5) Hole-in-the-walls, trucks, proper restos, mom & pop establishments - all are great. Places that only do lunch or only do dinner are fine too.
I await your wisdom! ... and thanks.
Updated 8 months ago | 89
Updated 4 days ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 4