Finally picked up takeout a month after the new place took over from Sala Thai (which we did not frequent after a couple of tries) - it's above average overall, and definitely an improvement over Sala but needs some work to get closer to the level of Thai Moon. It is not a destination to recommend but nice to have as a local option on short notice.
1. Crab rangoons are fresh and crispy, quite light, but need some more flavor (like the curry in the ones at Thai Moon, for instance)
2. Beef satay was N-A-S-T-Y - seemed boiled chewy beef mush that had been slapped on a grill at some point just long enough to get the marks -the dogs are having the rest for breakfast. This needs to be completely reworked or taken off the menu- lowest point by far of the meal.
3. Soups were pretty fresh and tasty (Tom Yum and Tom Ka Gai) but the latter was too sweet in spite of good flavors overall.
4. Pad Thai was light and good, but again, too sweet for our tastes.
5. Red Curry Chicken was spicy and good, but like the other food, had a heavy hand with the sugar - with a little less sweet and a thicker curry base, this could be the best around.
We will try it again, but Thai Moon is still the go to for us nearby.
663 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476