Restaurants I'll be going to on my upcoming trip:
Kyubey (lunch - taking group of Tokyo sushi 1st timers)
Bentenyama Miyako (lunch)
Ginza Bairin (lunch)
Fuku (Yoyogi Uehara - dinner)
Washoku En (mostly out of convenience on 1st night, across from hotel - dinner)
Ginza Kagari (early dinner)
Mendokoro Tabushi (Koenji - mid day snack)
Fuunji (Shinjuku - lunch)
Ichiran (Shibuya - taking 1st time Tokyo visitors, they will enjoy)
Ginza Satou Yousuke (dinner)
Shin (Shinjuku - lunch)
Namiki Yabusoba (lunch)
Nakaei (Tsukiji - breakfast)
A few questions:
- Washoku En - is it a decent choice? Or is there a better option for izakaya in Shiodome?
- I'm staying at the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku on the last leg of the trip. I need to be at Haneda on a Sunday a little before 2pm. Looking for a good lunch option walking distance from the Park Hyatt, open at 11AM or 11:30 on Sundays.
- Still looking for a couple more izakayas, one in Shinbashi area, one near Park Hyatt. Any recs?
- Is Ginza Kagari worth the line? I've walked by many times (usually on way to a sushiya :-) but have not tried it. Always saw a long line though.
- Going to Kyoto for a couple of days, staying at the Hyatt Regency. I only want to go to casual places, not too far from hotel, no reservations needed while in Kyoto. I'll probably go to Yoshino for okonomiyaki one night (https://tabelog.com/en/kyoto/A2601/A2...) - any other recs for good, casual dining near the Hyatt Regency Kyoto?
PS: I know what you're thinking... only 8 sushiya!